Waffles

>> Thursday, March 19, 2009

My parents bought us a Black&Decker Grill and Waffle Baker for Easter. The kids love waffles and have been very disappointed that mom stopped buying Eggos a few months ago. This waffle maker has removable plates that flip over to a flat griddle side perfect for grilled cheese!


This little beauty arrived Tuesday and we did a test run yesterday morning. I used the old recipe my parents used when I was a kid. I didn't remember it being so runny though. I think next time I will use my normal pancake recipe and see how that goes. It has a bit more bulk to it!

The first batch of waffles were throw aways. Some online friends reminded me of the first batch throw away rule. I cranked up the heat so the following two batches came out wonderfully. The kids are now enjoying some of the waffles I made yesterday and tossed into the freezer.

Thanks Nana and Poppa! Waffle maker is a hit! I can't wait to try grilled cheese!

  © Blogger template Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP