Homemade Pizza

>> Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Since I've been cooking more and more from scratch, we stepped away from our usual mode of pizza which is to call one of the local pizzeria and wait for the delivery. I decided to try my hand at making my own. Chris had done it before but I hadn't tried yet.

Pizza Dough Recipe
I looked up many recipes online and found this was the best fit for the ingredients I had on hand and seemed to be the most simple and straight forward. I love that she includes pictures.

The first night we made a white pizza. For those who don't know what white pizza is, it simply is pizza without the sauce. Some people use an Alfredo sauce so you could do that if you want.

On our white pizza, we brushed on some Extra Virgin Olive Oil, threw on some mozza, cubed (cooked) marinated chicken breast, minced garlic and sliced (seeded) tomatoes. It was great!

Tonight, it's just the kids and I so I used the rest of the dough I had left in an olive oil brushed metal bowl with covered tightly with plastic wrap and let Elizabeth help out.

We made a more traditional pepperoni pizza this time. I really recommend skipping any sauce labeled "pizza sauce" it is usually crap. We bought a tomato pesto by Classico, it was just what was needed. Using a thin layer, it was just the right amount of sauce and flavour. Sargento mixed shredded mozza and cheddar cheese and sliced pepperoni were added on top.

Into the oven at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.














Pizza always tastes better on a Scooby Doo pizza plate!!

  © Blogger template Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP