>> Sunday, June 1, 2008
I made this last night and it is so dense and dark! Very very yummy if you are a serious chocolate cake lover!
* 2 cups boiling water
* 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup butter, softened
* 2 1/4 cups white sugar
* 4 eggs
* 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 3 - 9 inch round cake pans. In medium bowl, pour boiling water over cocoa, and whisk until smooth. Let mixture cool. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at time, then stir in vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the cocoa mixture. Spread batter evenly between the 3 prepared pans.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
I used just a canned butter cream frosting because I was out of everything to MAKE frosting but this would be amazing with my mom's Wacky Cake Frosting!
Wacky Chocolate Cake Frosting
3/4 cup Soft Butter
3/4 cup plus 2tbsp icing sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
6 tbsp milk
6 tbsp boiling water
Beat butter and sugar, while beating on high speed, add milk+water slowly. When finished add vanilla.
If too soft add more icing sugar.